LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
Books and Monographs
- Singh, Naresh; Dave Van Zoonen and Khogir Mohammed. 2015. Iraq Agriculture and Livelihoods
Assessment in Newly Liberated Areas in Kirkuk, Ninewa and Salahadin. FAO. Iraq.
- Singh, Naresh, Roger Guiu and Lahib Higel. 2015. Pathways to Resilience for Syrian Refugees
Living in Camps in Iraq. UNDP Iraq.
- Singh, Naresh. 2014. Multi-dimensional Livelihoods Assessment in Conflict Affected Areas in
Yemen. Integrated Summary. UNDP Yemen.
- Singh, Naresh. 2014. Legal Rights of the Poor. Foundations of inclusive and sustainable development. Author House ( division of Random House and Penguin)
- Singh, Naresh. 2014. Draft Global Guide on Livelihoods Assessment in Crisis and Post Crisis
Situations. UNDP. New York. (Unpublished.)
- Commission on Legal Empowerment of the Poor, (Naresh Singh Executive Director) 2008. Making the Law Work for Everyone. Volumes 1 and 2. UNDP. New York
- Helmore, K and Singh, N. Sustainable Livelihoods: Building on the Wealth of the Poor. Kumarian
Press. 2001. USA. 144 pages.
- Singh, N.C. and Keith Rennie, J. 1996. Participatory Research for Sustainable Livelihoods: A Guidebook for Field Projects. International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD): Winnipeg. 122 pages.
- Singh, N.C. and Richard Strickland (Eds.). 1996. From Legacy to Vision: Sustainability, Poverty and Policy Adjustment. IISD: Winnipeg. 254 pages.
- Singh, N.C. and Vangile Titi (Eds.). 1995. Empowerment: Towards Sustainable Development.Zed Books: London. 198 pages.
- Singh, N.C. and Vangile Titi. 1995. Empowerment for Sustainable Development: Towards
Operational Strategies - Decision Makers Summary. IISD: Winnipeg. 52 pages.
- Singh, Naresh and Ham, Laurie (Eds.). 1995. Community-Based Resources Management and Sustainable Livelihoods: The Grass Roots of Sustainable Development. Selected Papers from the Community-Based Resources Management Conference, Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba and International Institute for Sustainable Development: Winnipeg.
- Singh, N.C., C. Amaratunga, C. Pollock Shea and J. Romanow. 1994. Designing Work for
Sustainability. IISD: Winnipeg. 62 pages.
- Singh, N.C. and Richard Strickland. 1994. Sustainability, Poverty & Policy Adjustment: From
Legacy to Vision - Decision Makers Summary. IISD: Winnipeg. 64 pages.
- Singh, N.C., V. Titi and R.S. Strickland. 1994. Sustainable Development and the World Summit for
Social Development. IISD: Winnipeg. 38 pages.
- Singh, Naresh. 2010. “Civil Society and the Challenge of changing power relations. In Cheema, S (Ed) Civil Society and Democratic Governance. United Nations University Press, Tokyo
- Singh, Naresh. 2008. “The commission on Legal Empowerment of the Poor in: The role of the Environment in Poverty Alleviation, pg. 305 -328. (eds.) P Galizzi, and A Herklotz. Fordham University Press, N.Y.
- Singh, Naresh, 2007. Governance Mechanisms in Divided Societies. Learning from and Using Global Experience. In Governance, Conflict Analysis and Conflict Resolution. Eds: Cedric Grant and Mark Kirton. Ian Randle Publishers.
- Singh, Naresh. 2006. Decentralization and Legal Empowerment of the Poor in Cheema and
Rondinelli (Eds) Decentralised Governance - Brookings Institute. New York
- Singh, Naresh. (2003) Governance for Poverty Eradication and Sustainable Development: Issues in development co-operation. In: Governance in the Age of Globalisation, pgs 471-498. Eds: Hall and Benn. Randle Publishers.
- Singh, Naresh. 1998. “Financing Infrastructure for Sustainable Livelihoods in South Africa” 7 pages. In infrastructure: a foundation for development. Development Bank of Southern Africa.
- Singh, Naresh. 1997. “Quality of Life and Sustainable Livelihoods in SADC Countries (With
Special Reference to Botswana).” in Nteta, Doreen, Janet Hermans and Pavla Jeskova (Eds.). Poverty and Plenty: The Botswana Experience. The Botswana Society: Gaborone.
- Singh, N.C. and R.S. Strickland. 1996. “Sustainable Development, Poverty Eradication and Macro-Micro Policy Adjustments: An Overview.” in Singh, N.C. and R.S. Strickland (Eds.). From Legacy to Vision: Sustainability, Poverty and Policy Adjustment. IISD: Winnipeg.
- Singh, N.C. and S. Barg. 1995. “Greening Government Budgets for Sustainable Development.” in Griffith, Mark and Vishnu Persaud (Eds.). Economic Policy and the Environment: The Caribbean Experience. Centre for the Environment, UWI: Jamaica.
- Singh, N.C. and V.Titi. 1995. “Empowerment for Sustainable Development: An Overview.” in Singh, N.C. and V Titi (Eds.). Empowerment: Towards Sustainable Development. Zed Books: London.
- Singh, N.C. 1994. “Ethical Questions Embedded in Nuclear Waste Disposal - Provisions of
Agenda 21.” in Brown, D. (Ed.). Ethics and Agenda 21. Earth Ethics Society: New York.
- Singh, N.C., 1994. “Chemicals Management for Sustainable Development in the Caribbean.” in Cote, Raymond (Ed.). Law and Legislation for the Management of Industrial Chemicals and Wastes in CARICOM States. Dalhousie: Halifax.
- Vicente, V.P., N. C. Singh and A.V. Botello. 1993. “Ecological Implications of Potential Climate Change and Sea Level Rise.” in Maul, George A. (Ed.). Climatic Change in the Intra-American Seas. Edwin Arnold Publishers: London.
- Singh, Naresh. 1992. “Role of Regional Organizations in the Context of Climate Change.” in Glantz, Michael (Ed.). The Role of Regional Organizations in the Context of Climate Change. NATO Advanced Science Institutes Series. Spring-Verlag: Berlin.
- Singh, N.C., 1991. “Balancing the Budget between Nature and Society: Environmental Considerations in Economic Activity and Waste Management.” in Girvan, N.D. and D.A. Simmons (Eds.). Caribbean Ecology and Economics. Caribbean Conservation Association: St. Lucia.
- Singh, Naresh. 1990. “Waste Management and Sustainable Development in the Caribbean.” In The Proceedings of a Conference on Public Policy Implications of Sustainable Development in the Caribbean Region.
- Singh, Naresh 2014. Dealing with the Post 2015 International Development Agenda. Jindal Journal of Government and Public Policy.
- Singh, Naresh. 2012. What do we need to understand to provide legal rights to the poor in the
Pacific Basin Countries? Soka University (California) Policy Series.
- Singh, Naresh, 2009. Is legal Empowerment good for the poor? Proceedings of the 103rd Annual
Meeting. Pp 147-150. American Society for International Law.
- Singh, Naresh, 2009. Fighting Poverty and Inequality in Rural Areas, J. of Peasant Studies (Fall,
- Singh, Naresh, 2000. Social Development: The Way Forward. Choices: The Human Development
Magazine, UNDP. June 2000.
- Singh, Naresh and Gilman, Jonathan, 1999. Making Livelihoods More Sustainable. Policy Options for Social Development, pp. 539-545, International Social Science Journal No. 162, UNESCO. December 1999.
- Singh, Naresh. 1996. The Wealth of the Poor. Choices: The Human Development Magazine,
UNDP. October 1996.
- Singh, N.C., 1994. No Room for Error. Our Planet, 6(1): 24-27, UNEP.
- Singh, N.C., 1994. The University as an Agent of Development. Pearson Notes, 8(3): 10, Dalhousie University.
- Singh, N.C., 1994. Integrating Economic Development and Waste Management of Small Island
States. Ecodecision Magazine, Vol. 11, p. 58.
- Sammy, G.K., N.C. Singh, K. Jitman and V. Sweeney. 1994. Industrial Waste Water Management in the Caribbean (Current Practice and Future Prospects). Industry and Environment.
- Singh, N. C., A. Mansingh, T.P. Dasgupta and E.V. Roberts. 1994. The Behaviour of Selected
Pesticides in Jamaican Soils. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology.
- Singh, N.C., J.W. Ashe and J.D. Paul. 1993. Institutional Arrangements for Small Island Developing Countries within the Framework of UNCED's Agenda 21. International Journal of Island Affairs, 2(1).
- Dasgupta, T. P., A. Mansingh, E.V. Roberts and N.C. Singh. 1993. Persistence of Vamidothion in
Coconut at Different Stages of Development. Pesticide Science.
- Singh, N. C. and R.E. Ward. 1992. Land-based Pollution Sources and Marine Environmental Quality in the Caribbean. Chemistry and Ecology, Vol. 6, pp. 259-270. Cambridge University Press.
- Singh, Naresh. 1992. Environmental Problems and Opportunities in Small Open Economies.
Bulletin of Eastern Caribbean Affairs.
- Gelabert, P. A. and Singh, N. C. 1992. Strategy for the Control of Land-Based Resources of Marine Pollution in the Wider Caribbean Region. Chemistry and Ecology, Vol. 7, pp. 117-121. Cambridge University Press.
- Singh, Naresh. 1991. Sustainable Development – Its Meaning for the Caribbean. Bulletin of
Eastern Caribbean Affairs. June 1991.
- Singh, Naresh, Tara Dasgupta, Earle Roberts and Ajai Mansingh. 1991. Dynamics of Pesticides in Tropical Conditions: Kinetic Studies of Volatilization Hydrolysis and Photolysis of Dieldrin and Endosulfan. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, Vol. 39, pp. 575-579.
- Simon, O.R., N. Singh, K. Smith, S. Smith and the Scientific Research Council of Jamaica. 1987.
Effects of an Aqueous Extract of Nichol (Caesalpinia Bonduc) on Blood Glucose Concentration: Evidence of an Antidiabetic Action Presented. West Indian Medical Journal, Vol. 36, pp. 25-32.
- Shim, David and N. Singh. 1987. Ecological Status of the Sediment Communities of Castries
Harbour, St. Lucia, West Indies. Ocean and Shoreline Management, Vol. 11, pp. 145-158.
- Ward, Rickardo and N. Singh. 1987. Bacterial Pollution Monitoring in Castries Harbour, St. Lucia, West Indies. Journal of Shoreline Management, Vol. 3, pp. 225-234.
- Simon, O.R. and N. Singh. 1986. Demonstration of Anticonvulsant Properties of an Extract of
Spirit Weed (Eryngium Foetidum L.). West Indian Medical Journal, Vol. 35, p. 121.
Books Reviewed for the International Journal of World Peace
- Property Rights and Resilience in East Timor.
- United Nations and Changing World Politics.
- United Nations in the 21st Century.
- The Political Economy of the Middle East.
- Understanding Influence. Use of State Building Research in British Policy.
- Negotiation Alchemy.
- Faith and Practice in Conflict Resolution.
- The Neoliberal Subject: Resilience, Adaptation and Vulnerability.
More than 100 other Reports, Working Papers, Conference Presentations, and alike works.